Thursday, June 17, 2010

Last day and the first day at the same time!

Today was the last day of school...I remember how cool it was as a kid watching the clock, waiting for that time when the school bell was going to ring and we were going to be free for the summer! It would be time for us to hit the pool from early morning until late in the afternoon, first taking swimming lessons, then being a teacher's helper during swimming lessons, my first crush on an adult was the teacher I would help teach swimming. He might have been 5 years older than me, but in my eyes he was a god. An Italian one at that! Then later on we became lifeguards...

The other thing summer brought to us was Girl Scout Camp or Church Camp...I love camp, I love everything that has to do with camp. Camp fires, singing, swimming, horses, crafts, making new friends and just new experiences.

Lucky for me Melody Ross and her sister Kathy Wilkins have brought to life Brave Girls Camp, www.bravegirlsclub.com. Even luckier for me, I get to attend Brave Girls Camp in July! I'm so excited. Today we got our first e-mail from Kathy...there were details about camp, you know what to bring and stuff like that, but what got me was the questionaire that came with it. Oh boy this isn't going to be the ordianary type of camp. I think that what you get out of Brave Girls Camp is going to depend on how honest with yourself you want to be. How much of you are you willing to expose. Come along with me for the ride.

I'll post one of the questions here...feel free to answer the question in the comment section. Get a little taste of Brave Girls Camp and follow my journey!

Q. If you had a free day all to yourself, how would you fill it?

A. A day all to me…I would read, I love to read. I love jumping into new adventures, all snuggled up with my cats and a comfy blanket, with a big glass of Iced Tea. No phones, no interruptions. And if it was a purrfect day, we would be sitting on a balcony on a lounge chair with palm trees blowing in the wind and the ocean waves hitting the beach!

What's your answer?

No comments:

Post a Comment